Job board of the American Society for Clinical Investigation
Associate Copy Editor, American Society for Clinical Investigation
The American Society for Clinical Investigation, Ann Arbor–based publisher of the peer-reviewed biomedical journals The Journal of Clinical Investigation and JCI Insight, seeks to fill a full-time Associate Copy Editor position.
- Copyedit research articles and related content for style, grammar, spelling, and sense
- Proofread articles, incorporating author changes; correspond with science editors and authors as needed
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete them according to deadlines
- Publication-related responsibilities at the supervisor’s discretion
- Master’s degree preferred, bachelor’s degree required
- Scientific editing experience required
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style and AMA Manual of Style; adaptability to house style
- Facility with MS Word and familiarity with Adobe InDesign
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work diplomatically and constructively with science editors and authors
Qualifying applicants will be asked to take a copyediting test.
Telecommuting is acceptable as agreed upon with the hiring manager.
Benefits include paid vacation time; medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; and retirement plan.
Send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com.
Salary range: $47,500–$55,000 / year.
Application deadline: January 31, 2022.